electroCore and UpScript Launch Program to Offer Direct-to-Patient Telemedicine Option for gammaCore™ in the United States
BASKING RIDGE, N.J.,
“As a bioelectronic medicine company, we pride ourselves on being on the cutting edge of health innovation,” said Dan Duhart, Chief Commercial Officer, electroCore. “Through this program, we will enable patients to access a healthcare provider no matter where they are, and thereby expand access to people who may be suffering from migraine or episodic cluster headache with a convenient therapy like gammaCore.”
To use UpScript, patients follow three simple steps. First, prospective patients create an account at https://gammacore.com/get-started/, answer a few questions about their medical history and input payment information. Then, users schedule a telemedicine consultation to discuss their treatment options, including gammaCore, via phone or video with one of UpScript’s U.S. licensed healthcare providers. The consultation will only take a few minutes and the healthcare provider will determine if gammaCore should be prescribed. If the healthcare provider prescribes gammaCore, gammaCore is shipped directly to the patient.
“When patients need care, they deserve to get it – easily, quickly and discreetly. The UpScript program offers patients a convenient option to access a healthcare provider and obtain the appropriate treatment,” said Peter Ax, Chief Executive Officer, UpScript. “We are excited to expand the UpScript portfolio to include gammaCore, an innovative and easy-to-use technology that will help patients treat the pain associated with migraine and episodic cluster headache.”
To learn more about gammaCore or to schedule a consultation with UpScript, please visit: https://gammacore.com/get-started/.
gammaCore™ (nVNS) is the first non-invasive, hand-held medical therapy applied at the neck that acutely treats the pain associated with migraine and episodic cluster headache in adult patients through the utilization of a mild electrical stimulation to the vagus nerve that passes through the skin. When placed on a patient’s neck over the vagus nerve, gammaCore stimulates the nerve’s afferent fibers, which may lead to a reduction of pain in patients.
gammaCore is released/cleared in the U.S. for the acute treatment of pain associated with episodic cluster headache and migraine headache in adult patients. gammaCore is currently available outside of the U.S., including in the European Economic Area, where it is CE-Marked.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION REGARDING GAMMACORE
- The safety and effectiveness of the gammaCore (nVNS) have not been established in the acute treatment of chronic cluster headache.
- gammaCore has not been shown to be effective for the prophylactic treatment of chronic or episodic cluster headache or migraine headache.
- The long-term effects of the chronic use of gammaCore have not been evaluated.
- Safety and efficacy of gammaCore have not been evaluated in the following patients, and therefore is NOT indicated for:
- Patients with an active implantable medical device, such as a pacemaker, hearing aid implant, or any implanted electronic device
- Patients diagnosed with narrowing of the arteries (carotid atherosclerosis)
Patients who have had surgery to cut the vagus nerve in the neck (cervical vagotomy)
- Pediatric patients
- Pregnant women
- Patients with clinically significant hypertension, hypotension, bradycardia, or tachycardia
- Patients should not use gammaCore if they:
- Have a metallic device such as a stent, bone plate, or bone screw implanted at or near their neck
- Are using another device at the same time (e.g., TENS Unit, muscle stimulator) or any portable electronic device (e.g., mobile phone)
Note: This list is not all inclusive. Please refer to the gammaCore Instructions for Use for all important warnings and precautions before using or prescribing this product.
gammaCore is available by prescription only. U.S. Federal Law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a licensed healthcare provider.
About electroCore, Inc.
electroCore, Inc. is a commercial-stage bioelectronic medicine company dedicated to improving patient outcomes through its platform non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation therapy. The company’s initial targets are the acute treatment of migraine and episodic cluster headache.
For more information, visit www.electrocore.com.
UpScript provides convenient customer experience to obtain access to a healthcare provider and, if recommended, a prescription for gammaCore™ non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation (nVNS) therapy for migraine or episodic cluster headache, utilizing telephone and video consultations. For more information, please visit www.upscripthealth.com.
Peter Ax, CEO