electroCore Inc. Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement with Medistar Following Regulatory Approval in Australia
“We are delighted to welcome
“Medistar is very excited to be partnering with electroCore to help Australians access gammaCore Sapphire (nVNS) therapy and assist healthcare professionals to add this treatment option to their medical practice,” said
The initial term of the agreement is three years and contains customary terms and conditions, including minimum purchase commitments. Medistar will be officially launching gammaCore Sapphire at the 2021 ANZHS Headache Annual Scientific Meeting, which will be held on
“This is a welcome addition to the armamentarium in the treatment of refractory headache syndromes. We have good evidence of the efficacy of gammaCore, and being drug free, it reduces the medication side effect burden patients experience,” commented Dr.
Medistar is an Australian independent medical device distributor recognised for supplying cutting edge technologies to health and veterinary professionals in
For more information, visit https://medistar.com.au
electroCore, Inc. is a commercial stage bioelectronic medicine company dedicated to improving patient outcomes through its platform non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation therapy initially focused on the treatment of multiple conditions in neurology. The company’s current indications are the preventative treatment of cluster headache and migraine and acute treatment of migraine and episodic cluster headache.
For more information, visit www.electrocore.com.
gammaCore™ (nVNS) is the first non-invasive, hand-held medical therapy applied at the neck as an adjunctive therapy to treat migraine and cluster headache through the utilization of a mild electrical stimulation to the vagus nerve that passes through the skin. Designed as a portable, easy-to-use technology, gammaCore can be self-administered by patients, as needed, without the potential side effects associated with commonly prescribed drugs. When placed on a patient’s neck over the vagus nerve, gammaCore stimulates the nerve’s afferent fibers, which may lead to a reduction of pain in patients.
gammaCore is FDA cleared in
- gammaCore is contraindicated for patients with:
- An active implantable medical device, such as a pacemaker, hearing aid implant, or any implanted electronic device
- A metallic device, such as a stent, bone plate, or bone screw, implanted at or near the neck
- An open wound, rash, infection, swelling, cut, sore, drug patch, or surgical scar(s) on the neck at the treatment location
- Safety and efficacy of gammaCore have not been evaluated in the following patients:
- Patients diagnosed with narrowing of the arteries (carotid atherosclerosis)
- Patients who have had surgery to cut the vagus nerve in the neck (cervical vagotomy)
- Pediatric patients (younger than 12 years)
- Pregnant women
- Patients with clinically significant hypertension, hypotension, bradycardia, or tachycardia
This press release and other written and oral statements made by representatives of electroCore may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements about electroCore's business prospects and clinical and product development plans; its pipeline or potential markets for its technologies; the timing, outcome and impact of regulatory, clinical and commercial developments; the business, operating or financial impact of such studies; the commercial potential of nVNS generally and gammaCore in particular in