Real-World Evidence and Insights into gammaCore™ (nVNS) Mechanism of Action to be Presented at the American Academy of Neurology’s 71st Annual Meeting
“The pairing of real-world evidence-based findings and mechanistic rationale further support the use of gammaCoreTM, specifically as an early-line treatment. While the use of traditional pharmacologic options is valuable, the mounting evidence highlights the potential for gammaCore to provide patients with an effective, safe and convenient non-drug option,” said
Oral Presentation Details:
Title: Noninvasive Vagal Nerve Stimulation (nVNS) and the Trigeminal Autonomic Reflex: An FMRI Study
Session: S20.002: Headache Imaging and Physiology and Episodic Syndromes Associated with Migraine
Time: 3:30 –
Title: Real-world Use of Non-invasive Vagus Nerve Stimulation for Acute Treatment of Pain in Episodic Cluster Headache Attacks: Results From a Patient Registry
Session: S38.006: Headache: Clinical Trials II
Time: 1:00 –
gammaCoreTM (non-invasive vagus nerve stimulator) is intended to provide non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation (nVNS) on the side of the neck. gammaCore is indicated for:
- Adjunctive use for the preventive treatment of cluster headache in adult patients.
- The acute treatment of pain associated with episodic cluster headache in adult patients.
- The acute treatment of pain associated with migraine headache in adult patients.
- The safety and effectiveness of gammaCore (nVNS) have not been established in the acute treatment of chronic cluster headache
- gammaCore has not been shown to be effective for the preventive treatment of migraine headache
- The long-term effects of the chronic use of gammaCore have not been evaluated
- Safety and efficacy of gammaCore have not been evaluated in the following patients, and therefore it is NOT indicated for:
- Patients with an active implantable medical device, such as a pacemaker, hearing aid implant, or any implanted electronic device
- Patients diagnosed with narrowing of the arteries (carotid atherosclerosis)
- Patients who have had surgery to cut the vagus nerve in the neck (cervical vagotomy)
- Pediatric patients
- Pregnant women
- Patients with clinically significant hypertension, hypotension, bradycardia, or tachycardia
- Patients should not use gammaCore if they:
- Have a metallic device such as a stent, bone plate, or bone screw implanted at or near their neck
- Are using another device at the same time (e.g., TENS Unit, muscle stimulator) or any portable electronic device (e.g., mobile phone)
NOTE: This list is not all inclusive. Please refer to the gammaCore Instructions for Use for all of the important warnings and precautions before using or prescribing this product.
About electroCore, Inc.
electroCore, Inc. is a commercial-stage bioelectronic medicine company dedicated to improving patient outcomes through its platform non-invasive vagus nerve stimulation therapy initially focused on the treatment of multiple conditions in neurology and rheumatology. The company’s current indications are for the preventative treatment of cluster headache and acute treatment of migraine and episodic cluster headache.
For more information, visit www.electrocore.com.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements about electroCore's business prospects and product development plans, its pipeline or potential markets for its technologies, and other statements that are not historical in nature, particularly those that utilize terminology such as "anticipates," "will," "expects," "believes," "intends," other words of similar meaning, derivations of such words and the use of future dates. Actual results could differ from those projected in any forward-looking statements due to numerous factors. Such factors include, among others, the ability to raise the additional funding needed to continue to pursue electroCore’s business and product development plans, the inherent uncertainties associated with developing new products or technologies, the ability to commercialize gammaCore™, competition in the industry in which electroCore operates and overall market conditions. Any forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this press release, and electroCore assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements or to update the reasons why actual results could differ from those projected in the forward-looking statements, except as required by law. Investors should consult all of the information set forth herein and should also refer to the risk factor disclosure set forth in the reports and other documents electroCore files with the SEC available at www.sec.gov.
LifeSci Public Relations